2015 River City Showcase Austin Texas
Welcome and thanks for participating in our event this year. We are excited to have you perform at this years River City Music and Rock SX Showcase. The showcase will be held at the historic 311 Club located at 311 E. 6th Street Austin Tx. 78701.
Here is what you will need to know to make your performance run as smooth as possible.
1. Check In: Please check in via text with our coordinator Lee (Aka Home Grown) at Ph# 903.312.0461 two hours before your performance time. You can also email him at email@example.com. If you have not checked in 2 hours prior to your performance time you will be skipped and not allowed to perform. We are on a very tight schedule so there will be no room for error.
2. Sound: Get with the sound man when you arrive to let him know what your set will be. Stage plots are very helpful.
3. Backline: A full back line will be provided. Two Guitar cabs and amps. Bass cab and amp. Full Drum set. You will need to bring personal gear (guitars, pedals, dj gear, snare, kick pedal, throne, cymbals and sticks).
4. Parking: Parking is expensive so if you can utilize the Austin metrorail service. You can park for free and it will drop you off down town right next to the showcase. See their website for schedule details.
5. Hotel: Hotels in Austin are hard to come by at this time of year. Here are few options for you to consider if you are looking for a place to stay. Pflugerville, Round Rock and Georgetown are all with in 30 minutes of Austin. You can usually find hotels in these locations. The Music Ranch is a great place to camp if you want to save money and don’t mind ruffing it a little.
If you have any questions please contact our coordinator Home Grown at Ph# 903.312.0461 and he will be happy to assist you the best he can. Have a safe trip and we will see you at South By.
travis county swat vehicles
The Austin Police Department has a long history of troubled community relations. There are many reasons for local citizens to have trust issues with this police force, and now there are many more.
It looks like four Austin criminal defense lawyers and two advocacy groups have beat back efforts to dismiss their lawsuit that alleged lawyers’ confidential phone calls with incarcerated clients are being recorded and given to prosecutors.
Among other things, the lawyers claimed that their incomes have suffered since they would travel to the jail to avoid prejudicing their clients’ cases by talking on the phone.
“The undersigned agrees that being forced to conduct in-person visits, rather than quick and inexpensive telephone calls, demonstrates concrete injury. … What previously could be accomplished in a 10-minute phone call necessitates a potentially hours-long journey,” wrote U.S. Magistrate Judge Mark Lane in a report and recommendations in Austin Lawyers Guild v. Securus Technologies.
A U.S. district judge must accept the magistrate judge’s recommendations to make the ruling official.
Defendant Securus Technologies Inc. contracts with Travis County to provide telephone service for the county’s correctional facilities. The plaintiffs also sued Travis County Sheriff Greg Hamilton, District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg and County Attorney David Hamilton and each of their offices. The defendants have denied the allegations.
Read more: http://www.texaslawyer.com/id=1202717562467/Lawyers-Score-Win-in-Recorded-Jail-Calls-Lawsuit#ixzz3RRybAlCn
Kendrick Lamar Live in Concert June 11th in Houston @ Reliant Arena 8400 Kirby Dr. 77054
June 12th in Grand Prairie, Tx @ Verizon Theatre 1001 Performance Place 75050
June 13th @ Whitewater Amphitheater 11860 FM 306 New Braunfels, Tx..
Tune in or be tuned out!