Welcome and thanks for participating in our event this year. We are excited to have you perform at this years River City Music and Rock SX Showcase. The showcase will be held at the historic 311 Club located at 311 E. 6th Street Austin Tx. 78701.
Here is what you will need to know to make your performance run as smooth as possible.
1. Check In: Please check in via text with our coordinator Lee (Aka Home Grown) at Ph# 903.312.0461 two hours before your performance time. You can also email him at email@example.com. If you have not checked in 2 hours prior to your performance time you will be skipped and not allowed to perform. We are on a very tight schedule so there will be no room for error.
2. Sound: Get with the sound man when you arrive to let him know what your set will be. Stage plots are very helpful.
3. Backline: A full back line will be provided. Two Guitar cabs and amps. Bass cab and amp. Full Drum set. You will need to bring personal gear (guitars, pedals, dj gear, snare, kick pedal, throne, cymbals and sticks).
4. Parking: Parking is expensive so if you can utilize the Austin metrorail service. You can park for free and it will drop you off down town right next to the showcase. See their website for schedule details.
5. Hotel: Hotels in Austin are hard to come by at this time of year. Here are few options for you to consider if you are looking for a place to stay. Pflugerville, Round Rock and Georgetown are all with in 30 minutes of Austin. You can usually find hotels in these locations. The Music Ranch is a great place to camp if you want to save money and don’t mind ruffing it a little.
If you have any questions please contact our coordinator Home Grown at Ph# 903.312.0461 and he will be happy to assist you the best he can. Have a safe trip and we will see you at South By.
The stop occurred after the man was acting erratically by the roadway. Officers were responding to a complaint that the man threw a rock at a passing vehicle.
According to the Tri-city Herald, Police tried to shock him with a Taser, but it had little effect on him, said Ben Patrick, who was just yards away in the grocery store parking lot with his family when the shooting happened.
“The guy was trying to pull the Taser (prongs) out of his arm,” a witness said.
The man allegedly ran towards officers who immediately began firing at him. After being shot at the first time, the man took off running, with his hands in the air. The second video shows him trying to surrender to police when multiple shots are fired at him, killing him.
“I really thought they were just going walk up and tackle or tase him,” the witness said. “But they opened fire. His back was turned.”
“He turned around to take off running, and the cops just shot him,” she said. “All he was trying to do was walk away.”
After executing the man, in front of children, the police then cuffed his dead body.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/breaking-video-surfaces-showing-cops-publicly-executing-man-ran-hands/#AtLGriDF89J1sooD.99
There are plenty of eye witnesses that concur this man was not behaving “correctly”, but to execute him as he was running away, that is just cowardice. You would think that the police are trained to handle angry citizens differently than with bullets.